Baby Spinach, Avocado & Orange Salad
200g of baby leaf spinach
Thinly sliced red onion
2 segmented oranges
Fresh juice from 1 orange
Fresh juice from 2 limes
5 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 handful of toasted pine nuts
1 handful of pistachio nuts
There’s nothing quite like a refreshing summer salad, and this one of the best! This is a quick and easy salad to rustle up and includes the fantastic baby leaf spinach. I like fresh baby leaf spinach a lot. Not only is it great in a smoothly it’s really effective at turning a salad from a mere garnish into a solid meal portion.
You might not be looking for muscles like Pop-eye but there is no doubt spinach is one of the original super heroes of the super food genre. Not only is it packed full of anti-inflammatory antioxidants which are extremely effective at slowing the aging process; spinach also includes carotenoids. Carotenoids have been shown in a number of studies to actually provide protection against cancer. In addition to this they also provide your skin with colour that actually makes us appear more attractive! How great is that?
This is all very well, but does it taste good? Absolutely! This salad is a delicious accompaniment to any meat of fish dish. Enjoy.
- Soak the chopped onion for about 10 minutes.
- Segment the oranges by pealing the oranges with a sharp knife to remove the peal and all of the pith.
- Carefully cut out the segments leaving the skin of each segment.
- Peel and slice your avocados.
- Mix your orange and lime juice.
- Add your olive oil and Dijon mustard and whisk together to produce your dressing.
- Toss everything together and top with your nuts.