Super Smokey Chicken Soup
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Garlic – 4 cloves chopped
Onion – 2 small white chopped
Small bunch of thyme
2 bay leaves
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 leeks chopped
200g carrots chopped
350g sweet potato diced
1/2 cauliflower chopped
2 sticks of chopped celery chopped
Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste
Autumn is here and the usual colds and viruses are doing the rounds – one in particular virus you may have heard of! Homemade chicken soup is a fantastic comfort food for an autumn day whether you’re feeling rotten or not. Super Smokey Chicken Soup is based on a chicken bone broth full of collagen so it not only helps you feel better, it helps you look younger too. The high concentration of minerals in the broth are known to help your immune system and a Harvard study has shown it can actually reduce symptoms in those suffering autoimmune disorders. The glycine in the broth has also been shown in studies to improve the quality of your sleep and sleep is of course one of the best medicines when you’re suffering from any virus. The other great thing about this broth is that it ensures you get the very most out of your chicken by getting two meals out of it instead of just a roast chicken dinner. Most importantly this Super Smokey Chicken Soup tastes pretty super!
- In a large pan cover your chicken with water adding your garlic, onions, thyme, bay leaves & smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for an hour.
- After an hour remove all the bones picking and bits of meat left of the carcass and transferring them back to the broth.
- Add your vegetables and simmer until cooked through.
- Best served with wheat free bread from a jug.