For aspiring aesthetic technicians
Saturday 27th January 2024
10am – 1pm
Entry level Botulinum Toxin Course
1 day course suitable for beginner level practitioners
Applications are assessed on an individual basis
Who is it for?
Course attendees must be medical professionals such as doctors, dentists, dental therapists, registered nurses and midwives. In addition the course can be attended by clinical pharmacists, paramedics and physiotherapists with existing experience in facial aesthetics.
Please note, as Botulinum Toxin is a prescription only medicine (POM) a licensed prescribing healthcare professional will be needed as part of the consultation process.
Your course leader
Training is carried out by our Medical Director Dr Nilu Vajpeyi BSc MBBS MRCGP DPD CAP (allergy)
Dr Nilu is GP Principal and Lead, GPSI Dermatology, Aesthetic Lead at Brigstock Skin and Laser Centre and Clinical Director of Communitas Clinics.
What is Botulinum Toxin?
Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) is a neurotoxin used to treat facial wrinkles and lines. These are frequently caused by facial movements including frowning, squinting and smiling.
How does a Botox treatment work?
- A tiny amount of Botulinum Toxin is injected by a fine needle directly into the muscles that cause facial lines.
- It relaxes the muscle and consequently the skin becomes smoother.
- As well as improving existing lines and wrinkle the treatment also prevents new lines forming as the muscle can no longer move as much.
- It takes between 10 and 14 days for results to be seen.
- Typically a treatment lasts between 3 and 6 months.
What is included in the Botox foundation course?
- Course manual and other documents
- Live demonstration
- Practical, hands-on session
- In-depth tutorials covering anatomy
- The prevention and management of complications
- The use of Allergan Botox and Galderma Azzalure
- Helpful information on how to start, covering what products and consumables are needed and where to get them.
How can I prepare for the course?
The course manual will be sent to you ahead of the day. We strongly advise putting in as much preparation as possible prior to the course including noting any questions you may have.
The course and course material covers a wide range of topics including:
- How Botox works
- Initial consultation guidelines
- Contraindications and cautions in Botox treatments
- Dilution information
- Equipment requirements
- Patient positioning
- How much to inject and where
- How to treat different lines including laughter, forehead and frown lines
- Post treatment and complications
Practical elements of the course
As well as the presentation, each delegate will have the chance to do a full medical consultation. Working with their own model, you will assess their face, check their suitability for Botox treatment and ensure that they understand possible risks or side effects.
Supervised by Dr Nilu, you will then carry out the treatment on your model.
Groups are designed to be small with a maximum of six per course. So the practical session enables delegates to observe each other and closely watch a range of treatment indications and techniques.
This Botox training course will give you the chance to:
- Learn by watching others
- Practice your own consulting and assessing techniques
- Perform a supervised treatment on your model.
There will be plenty of time to ask questions and gain guidance and feedback from Dr Nilu.
Is there support available after the course?
- We provide ongoing support to course participants via phone calls and emails.
- If you feel you need more confidence in injecting, you can take part in follow-on observation days.
- If you need additional advice we will be happy to help with this.
- Support continues even after you have started offering Botox treatments at your clinics.
What if I am not a prescriber?
If you do not hold a prescribing qualification you can attend the course, but you will need a doctor or nurse local to you who will be able to provide a face-to-face prescribing service for patients. We will try to help you locate one if needed.
To find out more call us now on 020 8683 6730 or fill out the form below.