Sugar, Wheat and Dairy Free Carrot Cake
350g Carrots chopped
3 ripe Banans
150g Dates pitted
1 tbs Apples cider vinegar
2 tbs Coconut oil
2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Dried ginger
450g Almond flour
This is a really moist carrot cake that’s quick and easy to prepare and goes well with fresh berries. There’s no refined sugar in this cake so it isn’t too sweet, but you can add more dates if you wish. The carrots are full of beta-carotene which has been linked to reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Beta-carotene is a type of carotenoid which has been shown to give your skin a golden glow similar to a sun tan. Studies have demonstrated that this glow actually makes us appear more attractive. The cake also contains no wheat which is a common food allergen that can cause immune-related digestive problems in many. Enjoy.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Steam your chopped carrots until soft.
- While your carrots are steaming mix your banana, dates, vinegar and coconut oil in a food processor.
- Grate your orange to produce some zest and squeeze to produce some fresh juice.
- Add both to your food processor to along with your eggs, baking soda and dried ginger. Continue to mix until your mixture is complete liquidated.
- Add your steamed carrots to your mixture in your food processor. Mix until you carrots have been completely blended.
- Finally add your almond flour and mix thoroughly.
- Poor the mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 50 minutes and allow to cool for 15 minutes then turn out on a wire rake to cook completely.