All kids love a bit of jelly. The truth is, so do a lot of adults too. Well here’s a reason to party!
Jelly is made of gelatin which is great for your skin. Gelatin is mainly composed of the amino acids proline and glycine. Now because these amino acids are mainly found in bones and offal, which most people don’t consume in adequate amounts, many people are deficient in them. This is important because these amino acids are required for not only healthy skin, hair and nail growth, but for optimal immune function, weight regulation and speedy wound healing.
So what’s wrong with a standard packet of jelly from the supermarket? The problem with these processed products is the quality of the ingredients and the high sugar content. This recipe contains no refined sugar. The sweetness is derived from the fruit content which is kept raw. This preserves the quality of the antioxidants and vitamins which are not damaged during a cooking process. The beauty of making your own jelly is that it also allows you to choose a good quality organic gelatin.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 2 hours
- 1 large mango flesh of
- 100ml hot water
- 100ml cool water
- 1 tbs gelatin
- 1 lime juice of
- Liquidise your mango flesh in a food processor or Nutribullet, adding in your lime juice.
- Mix the gelatin with cool water until it starts to thicken.
- Now add hot water to thin your gelatin mix. Add this gelatin mix to your liquidised mango and lime juice and give it another blast.
- Add this gelatin mix to your liquidised mango and lime juice and give it another blast.
- Pour into moulds and allow to set in your fridge for at least a couple of hours. Hey, presto – party time!